Rose Hickey was born in 1946 in Walford and went to school with twins Pete Beale and Pauline Beale. She was a year below them. Rose once had a crush on Pete at school and was a good friend of Pauline. Rose later met and married local gangster Alfie Chapman. Alfie's family kept a close eye on Rose, as she was only a Chapman by marriage to them.
Rose Chapman met up with Pauline in January 1993 after some years. Pete Beale became attached to Rose. It turned out that she was married to a psychotic gangster called Alfie Chapman. Alfie was in prison at the time but his brothers and sister and cousin were not and they disapproved of Pete seeing Rose. Pete decided to face the Chapmans and remain with Rose. Rose wants to divorce Alfie but finds out that he is dying of terminal cancer. Rose decides to nurse Alfie but cannot kep away from Pete. Alfie's family have her beaten up.
In May 1993, Alfie's cousin Jackie sees Pete and says she wants Alfie to die in peace. Pete goes to visit Rose in hospital and they make plans to go into hiding in order to escape the wrath of the Chapmans. The following day, Pete smuggles Rose out of hospital with Frank Butcher's help. They then leave Walford for a new life.
In December 1993, Alfie Chapman finally dies from his long illness and his death is reported in the Walford Gazette. Pauline wants Pete to come home and she wants to put an announcement in the national newspapers. Pete and Rose decided to return to Walford but they are killed in a car accident which was arranged by the Chapmans, meaning the Beale vs Chapman war had ended up in 2 deaths.
List of Appearances
- Episode 828 (7 January 1993)
- Episode 834 (28 January 1993)
- Episode 837 (9 February 1993)
- Episode 838 (11 February 1993)
- Episode 839 (16 February 1993)
- Episode 840 (18 February 1993)
- Episode 841 (23 February 1993)
- Episode 842 (25 February 1993)
- Episode 843 (2 March 1993)
- Episode 844 (4 March 1993)
- Episode 849 (23 March 1993)
- Episode 850 (25 March 1993)
- Episode 863 (11 May 1993)
- Episode 864 (13 May 1993)