Pete discovers he did something to Lou that he should apologise for, but he does not remember; later on, when everyone is drinking, he does it again. Angie finds cash in Sharon's bedroom, and Sharon admits to stealing from the Vic, so Den is forced to tell his staff that he made a mistake. Everyone who Den sold a radio to returns it for a refund as none of them works, apart from Ali who asks for an exchange. Mary tells Sue that she has found a professional babysitter, which upsets Sue as she thinks Annie will not be properly cared for. Naima visits Saeed, and they talk about the good times in their marriage; Saeed says he needs to be his person and work out who he is. Lou tells Dot she should consider moving to the Square. Cassie arrives at Tony's flat with cuts and bruises on her face.
- Tony Carpenter - Oscar James
- Kelvin Carpenter - Paul J. Medford
- Cassie Carpenter - Delanie Forbes
- Lou Beale - Anna Wing
- Pete Beale - Peter Dean
- Kathy Beale - Gillian Taylforth
- Den Watts - Leslie Grantham
- Angie Watts - Anita Dobson
- Sharon Watts - Letitia Dean
- Arthur Fowler - Bill Treacher
- Pauline Fowler - Wendy Richard
- Simon 'Wicksy' Wicks - Nick Berry
- Debbie Wilkins - Shirley Cheriton
- Andy O'Brien - Ross Davidson
- Saeed Jeffery - Andrew Johnson
- Naima Jeffery - Shreela Ghosh
- Sue Osman - Sandy Ratcliff
- Ali Osman - Nejdet Salih
- Mary Smith - Linda Davidson
- Dot Cotton - June Brown
- Albert Square
- The Queen Victoria - Public and hallway
- 3B Albert Square - Living room and hallway
- 43 Albert Square - Backroom
- 45 Albert Square - Kitchen, backroom, front room and garden
- Bridge Street
- Al's Café
- This episode was broadcasted at the earlier time slot of 7.00pm due to the changes in the Boxing Day schedule.
- Final appearance of Andrew Johnson as Saeed Jeffery.
- Radio Times synopsis: 'I bet ours was the only Christmas where everyone sat round in woolly hats instead of paper ones'.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 23,550,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
|December 1985 episodes|
|Tue 3rd • Thu 5th • Tue 10th • Thu 12th • Tue 17th • Thu 19th • Tue 24th • Thu 26th • Tue 31st|