Ronnie admits to Phil she might have overreacted about Michael. Kat throws Alfie’s belongings out of the window. Michael tells Roxy he was Tommy’s father. Roxy and Michael are determined to get Kat and Alfie back together and arrange a meal for the four of them, plus Jack and Ronnie at the boxing gym. Ronnie doesn’t want to go, but turns up after Jack says Kat and Alfie’s problems must be in part due to Tommy dying. The atmosphere’s tense, but eventually Kat and Alfie start sparring with each other and laughing. Abruptly, Kat decides to leave, Alfie insists on walking her home. On the way they talk, he makes her dance with him; they agree he doesn’t have to go anywhere just yet. They kiss. Meanwhile, at the gym, Roxy invites Michael back to her place. Jack leaves, unaware Ronnie’s hiding in the toilets. Michael sees Ronnie and asks why she’s giving him such a hard time. Ronnie insists he can’t ever know, leaving him bewildered.
Edward confronts Carol, detailing how upset Dot was not to be told about Whitney. Carol and Max take a casserole round to Dot to apologise. When Carol teases Dot about Edward being her fancy man, Dot’s horrified. Later, when Edward visits Dot she tells him to go away and to stay away, he can still do Jim’s meals but that’s it.
Ian’s keen to join Fat Boy on the stall to pass on more business tips; when he realises Fat Boy fancies Mercy, Ian decides Fat Boy needs his advice on love as well.
Syed and Tanya bond over plans for their new business. Christian discovers the stolen client list. Syed asks Christian not to tell Roxy, insisting his loyalty should be to his boyfriend not his best friend.
- Steve John Shepherd as Michael Moon
- Samantha Womack as Ronnie Branning
- Jessie Wallace as Kat Moon
- Shane Richie as Alfie Moon
- Scott Maslen as Jack Branning
- Rita Simons as Roxy Mitchell
- John Partridge as Christian Clarke
- Marc Elliott as Syed Masood
- Jo Joyner as Tanya Branning
- June Brown as Dot Branning
- Lindsey Coulson as Carol Jackson
- Jake Wood as Max Branning
- Cheryl Fergison as Heather Trott
- Adam Woodyatt as Ian Beale
- Ricky Norwood as Arthur 'Fat Boy' Chubb
- Bunmi Mojekwu as Mercy Olubunmi
- Steve McFadden as Phil Mitchell
- Frank Barrie as Edward Bishop