Michelle begins to wonder if honesty was the best policy, while Kathy decides to show everyone that she's prepared to stand by her man.
Michelle is worried that Pauline may be right and that Geoff may ask her to marry him. She is not sure if she wants to commit herself to marriage just yet. She is also concerned that Vicki thinks that she may have spoken out of turn, but it takes ages for Geoff to admit what it was that happened to make Vicki all nervous and afraid of Michelle. He finally admits that Vicki said she had a sister, and he thinks they ought to talk about it (presumably he thinks Michelle has another daughter hidden in a drawer somewhere ;-)) Michelle refuses to discuss it and makes Geoff leave!!! He persists and next time they're alone he asks her to tell him all about it, she says that he will never want to see her again, she's done lots of horrible things, etc etc, and he says go on then... so she tells him everything, Lofty, jilting, abortion, blah blah. He says oh I see, and she says well, get out then, I want to be alone, and makes him go away! He does, rather confusedly!
With the exception of Nigel, Grant, Pat Cindy and Michelle, everyone else was not at all happy with Kath for sneaking off and getting married.
Pauline was exceedingly miffed at not having been invited to the wedding. She eventually tackled Kathy about this and complained, and then expressed her utter disapproval her choice of husband. Kathy apologised and begged forgiveness in the name of family. However, Pauline told her that she wasn't really family any more. Phil agreed when she told him. He said the only family link left was that Pauline was Ian's auntie.
- Gillian Taylforth as Kathy Mitchell
- Wendy Richard as Pauline Fowler
- Steve McFadden as Phil Mitchell
- Ross Kemp as Grant Mitchell
- Adam Woodyatt as Ian Beale
- Michelle Collins as Cindy Beale
- Sid Owen as Ricky Butcher
- Patsy Palmer as Bianca Jackson
- Todd Carty as Mark Fowler
- Susan Tully as Michelle Fowler
- David Roper as Geoff Barnes
- Pam St. Clement as Pat Butcher
- Michael French as David Wicks
- Paul Bradley as Nigel Bates
- Lindsey Coulson as Carol Jackson
- Dean Gaffney as Robbie Jackson
- Martine McCutheon as Tiffany Raymond