The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- 4th January - The residents mourn Tiffany Mitchell.
- 12th January - Tiffany's funeral takes place and a row occurs between Grant and Simon. Bianca discovers Louise and Grant's affair via a letter Tiffany wrote before she died and Bianca orders Louise to leave Walford or she'll tell Simon everything.
- 26th January - Tiffany's inquest takes place.
- 28th January - Terry Raymond and Irene Hills finally tie the knot.
- 4th February - Grant scatters Tiffany's ashes at Peacehaven accompanied by Peggy and Courtney.
- 11th February - Final appearance of Ruth Fowler.
- 14th February - Steve Owen kills Saskia Duncan in the act of self-defence after she tried strangling him, Matthew Rose witnesses the whole scene.
- 15th February - Steve forces Matthew to cover his tracks, and the pair dump Saskia's body in the woods.
- 19th February - Simon, depressed and alone, kidnaps Courtney which alarms both Grant and Tony who track him down and get the baby back.
- 11th March - Simon sets fire to his flat with him inside in an act of suicide after discovering Louise and Grant's affair.
- 1st April - Frank Butcher and Peggy Mitchell get married.
- 15th April - Tony and Simon leave the Square to go travelling together (final appearances of the characters).
- 27th April - Final appearance of Louise Raymond.
- 20th May - Matthew opens up to Teresa di Marco about Saskia and everything that happened on Valentine's Night.
- 7th June - Saskia's body is found.
- 8th June - First appearance of Dan Sullivan.
- 26th July - Dot Cotton mistakes marijuana for herbs and is arrested when she offers a police officer 'herbal tea'.
- 29th July - Bianca Butcher begins an affair with her old-fling and mothers boyfriend Dan Sullivan.
- 10th August - Melanie Healy proposes to Ian Beale in Brighton.
- 5th September - Carol discovers Bianca and Dan's affair and it's guns all blazing.
- 7th September - Following the reveal of the affair, Carol aborts Dan's child.
- 10th September - Bianca leaves Walford for a beauty course in Manchester.
- 16th September - Kathy Mitchell returns.
- 23rd September - Kathy and Grant sleep together.
- 8th October - Steve and Matthew's trial takes place, and Matthew is found guilty.
- 12th October - Kathy tells Phil she slept with Grant.
- 14th October - Phil confronts Grant and the pair end up crashing into the Thames.
- 25th October - Grant and Courtney leave Walford.
- 27th October - The Archers collapses with Gianni di Marco and Jackie Owen inside.
- 28th October - Gianni and Jackie are rescued.
- 1st November - Mel, Steve, Sam Mitchell, Ricky Butcher, Janine Butcher, Mark Fowler, Fred Fonseca and Mick McFarlane take a trip to Brighton.
- 16th December - Barry Evans enjoys his stag do in Amsterdam.
- 25th December - Terry finds out that Irene has been having an affair with their lodger, Troy Harvey.
- 28th December - After many months of the family fearing that Lucy is very ill, Ian is told she's fine.
- 29th December - Ian tells Mel that Lucy has got cancer in a plea to make her stay with him.
- 31st December - Ian and Mel get married, but the marriage only lasts hours when Mel discovers that Ian lied and walks out on him just as the new year commenced in.
|←1998 EastEnders in 1999 2000→|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.