|Home||About||Rules||Admin||Report: Duplicate Articles||Request: Article Deletion||Request: Image||Report: Unknown Actors||Out of Date Article||Categories|
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, Administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot undelete them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without Admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or Administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove Admin access from any user. Please contact one of the community staff if you need this done.
Who are this wiki's Administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given Administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an Administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with Administrator access, see Special:Listadmins.
You may also wish to list them on this page.
How do I use Administrator powers?
See the Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using Admin functions.
Becoming an Administrator
For you to become an Administrator, you must must apply on the below link.
To submit a request click here
The Admin group will then discuss and decided whether you are suitable.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an Administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.
Below is a list of requirements that you may need to meet to become a EastEnders Wiki Admin.
- Basic written English
- Knowledge of EastEnders past and present
- Contributed a large number of meaningful edits
- Know when to ask others for help
- Keep track of Duplicate, Delete, Image Required tags
- Offer suggestion and improvements to the site
- Work with other Admins on sitewide projects
- Treat all Users/Admins with respect
Although these skills are desirable they are not essential as you can progress to learning them, if necessary.
- Website design skills
- Understanding Wiki code
- Experience of using Auto Wikia Browser
- Understand using a bot to perform repetitive tasks
- Understand user rights and privileges
- Whilst we hope that you will be with us for many years you are free to stopping being and Admin at any time.
- We reserve the right after discussion, if we do not believe your Adminship is not having a positive effect on this Wiki to terminate your Adminship.
What can Administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their Administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an Admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal Admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.